*The Aquarian Teacher™ KRI Level One Teacher Training Program – In person & online
*January’24- December’24 (11 weekends)
*Discover your potential and rewrite your destiny!
*The Aquarian Teacher program is the KRI Level One Certification program in Kundalini Yoga.
Challenge yourself by confronting self-imposed boundaries. Touch your soul and gain the knowledge and self-confidence to build a more peaceful and creative life.
This Aquarian Teacher program is the first level of a three tiered KRI certification program in Kundalini Yoga. It consists of 220 hours (180 hours in class and 40 hours independent study). This fulfills the Yoga Alliance’s national standard for a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). With your KRI certification, you can apply for and receive a Yoga Alliance Certificate.
This Foundations course introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human. It explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonize and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
Principle Components in a Level One Program
*Kriya and Meditation: The Foundation of Kundalini Yoga
The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayam (breathing techniques).
*Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living). These include diet, nutrition, and relationships.
*Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function are covered. We include the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also, Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body are covered. These include the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
*Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
*The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Click HERE for “10 Reasons to Choose KRI Teacher Training”
With this program, you will share in the profound experience of spiritual, physical and mental growth while being supported both by your Teacher Trainers and other teachers. The authentic experience of your personal transformation is held in the highest regard by your professional KRI certified team therefore you can depend on their availability as well as empathy, encouragement and guidance. We are here to serve you throughout your journey of self mastery.
Dates – 2024
November 30 – December 1
Saturdays & Sundays 8:30am – 5:30pm, Eastern time
Toronto, Canada, as well as Online via zoom link, provided following registration
*Please fill out this online registration form
* Super Early Bird Adult $3,199 CAD + tax ($3,614.87) by June 2, 2023
* Super Early Bird Senior 65+/Full Time Student $2,879 CAD + tax ($3,253.27) by June 2, 2023
* Early Bird Adult $3,299 CAD + tax (total $3,727.87) by December 13, 2023
* Early Bird Senior 65+/Full Time Student $2,969 + tax ($3,354.97) by December 13, 2023
* Regular Adult $3,599 CAD + tax (total $4,066.87.87) after December 13, 2023
* Regular Senior 65+/Full Time Student $3,239 + tax (3,660.07) after December 13, 2023
* INTERAC e-Transfer to [email protected]
* PayPal/CC with 3.8% handling fee added
* Super Early Bird Adult $2,550 USD + tax (total $2,881.50) by June 2, 2023
* Super Early Bird Senior 65+/Full Time Student $2,295 USD + tax ($2,593.35) by June 2, 2023
* Early Bird Adult $2,650 USD + tax (total $2,994.50) by December 13, 2023
* Early Bird Senior 65+/Full Time Student $2,385 + tax (total $2,695.05) by December 13, 2023
* Regular Adult $2,890 USD + tax (total $3,265.70) after December 13, 2023
* Regular Senior 65+/Full Time Student $2,601 + tax (total $2,939.13) after December 13, 2023
* PayPal/CC with 3.8% handling fee added
* Tailored payment plans available. Please contact Nirmal to discuss
* All participants registering after December 13, 2023 receive the e-book version of The Aquarian Trainer textbook and yoga manual, included in their tuition price.
Also included in your tuition
* Associate Membership in IKYTA for one year
Course requirements not included in your tuition
* 20 KY classes that follow the start of training
* Meditation intensive (details to follow)
*Nirmal Singh, Lead Trainer, has taught Kundalini Yoga since 1999. He created The Wellness Path, which offers Kundalini Yoga related programs and events in Toronto and surrounding communities including Level 1 and Level 2 training, sacred chant concerts, workshops and retreats. Nirmal specializes in “Beyond Addiction” trainings, workshops and classes. He is a Compassionate Inquiry Coach, focusing on clients who wish to change difficult habitual behaviours, or gain insight and strength in their recovery from addictions or trauma.
*SS Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa Michaud began studying Kundalini Yoga at the Guru Ram Das Ashram in Houston, Texas, in 1991. She currently serves as a minister of Sikh Dharma, a member of the International Khalsa Council, a Level 2 teacher of Kundalini Yoga and a Professional Trainer in KRI’s Aquarian Academy. She is a respected researcher of Sikh theology and history, and is most well known for her lyrical translation of Gurbani into English. Ek Ong Kaar Kaur currently lives in Plano, Texas with her husband, Dr. Patrick Michaud.
PLUS OTHER GUEST TRAINERS AND TEACHERS!
For further information: contact Nirmal Singh at 416-716-1402, or [email protected]
All requests to withdraw from the teacher training course must be received in writing. Those withdrawing by December 13, 2023 are eligible for a refund, minus a $500 + HST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for those withdrawing after December 13, 2023. In the event the course is cancelled, all tuition funds will be re-imbursed. Thank you for your understanding.